Wednesday, April 07, 2004

Why I Hate Wal-Mart, or: Not in My Backyard

Yes, so there might be a Walmart built in my neighborhood, smack dab where the old Elitch's used to stand. I am opposed to this. Reason #1: like I want a Walmart in my backyard, everyone knows Walmart's are WHITE TRASH, trashy period, and they attract trashy folks, for the most part. Reason #2: like hell it won't affect my property value, I work every damn day (weekends off) to pay for my palatial mansion, this might affect my ability to hire hottie gardeners, like what if they say: JacksOne, your house is now worth $70,000 - oh the agony!

There are the reasons. I don't give a damn about Walmart's labor practices, nobody is forcing anyone to work at Walmart. If you can't/won't find a better job, sorry for you but what can I do? Walmart is like McDonald's - it ain't a career if you're working the register and you shouldn't look at it as such.

So, all the white folks/yuppies/tools in my neighborhood are all up in arms about it, their main focus being the labor practices. What a joke! Admit what it is about - bringing down property values and trashy people. PERIOD. And no, I won't be out protesting this weekend. Give me a break already.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home